|Home||» Products||» Project Profile||» Neoflor 4010|
Case study on Designer concrete
Neocrete Technologies' path-breaking efforts into converting a normal plain vanilla concrete floors into a work of art is well known. The testimony of this is the project at the picturesque Goa, wherein the concrete has been topped with Neoflor K4010- a coloured, polymer-fortified, self-compacting flooring compound in the central plaza of a cultural centre. It not only performs as durable floor capable of having 35N/mm2 compressive strength, but also can be patterned into a beautiful and elegant surface, ideal for public places, patios and drive-ways.
The sequence of events are as follows:
1. Concrete is ground so as to remove laitance, loose particles etc and provide a mechanical key
2. Create grooves as per design provided by the architect and insert metal strips into the grooves.
3. Fix the strips with Neoflor Primer, a special epoxy primer
4. Apply Neoflor WB Primer(two-component water-based primer) over the surface on which topping has to be applied. Allow it to become tacky (max half hour) before applying Neoflor 4010
5. Neoflor 4010 is a powder supplied on 10Kg bag. It only needs addition of water (2 to 2.5 litres) to make it a flowable compound. Pour the mix into the respective patterns and level it with notched trowel.
6. Immediately cover the area in which the flooring is applied with plastic sheet and sprinkle water to reduce rapid evaporation. (failure to do so will result in cracks)
7. Pour various colours one after another ensuring that thickness of one pour does not exceed 5mm.
8. Repeat the process once more in order to get 10mm thick floor topping
The enclosed photo speaks volumes about the capability of our Neoflor 4010 to provide a most amazing floor that provides beauty and elegance unmatched by any other product